A Course for Parents
This programme offers parents, carers and whanau the opportunity to learn how to confidently and constructively engage in their children's riding activities. To this end during this course you will learn how horses really think, dispell myths about horses, turn your fears into wisdom, communicate easily with a horse, know how to keep you and your child safe around a horse, and gain useful horse know how. You will have the opportunity to ride under supervision. We enroll a maximum of six participants per group. There is one theoretical session and two practical sessions with the option of a riding lesson or a trek following the practical sessions.
- Babs Theinert-Brown. Babs has 2 horse crazy daughters and is a committed horsey parent and horsewoman who has attained ANH and PNH level one, and NZQA horse trek guiding.
- Kate Tapley. Kate has a background in nursing and counselling, and is also a horse woman with ANH level one and NZQA Horse trek guiding
- WHERE - Otahuna Horse Riding, Otahuna Road, Tai Tapu
- WHEN - These courses are repeated on demand. We run a two week programme with three sessions 2 1/2 hours each. The programme begins with a theory session followed by a practical session the next morning at Otahuna, and a second practical session a week later. There is an option to have a riding lesson or a trek following the practical sessions.
- HOW - Phone Kate 329 0160 or email email@example.com
- FEES - $145.00.00 per 2 week programme.
Optional Riding lessons-$35.00 ($50.00 for one) or Trek $70.00 Full payment at first session. No Refunds